As an e-discovery paralegal, that exposure to e-discovery increases significantly from the litigation paralegal because the exposure will not vary greatly depending on other factors as the e-discovery aspect of the position is the primary job responsibility for this paralegal. The law firm that creates the position of an e-discovery paralegal does so because they have significant cases that involve e-discovery. The E-Discovery Paralegal’s role includes providing oversight and guidance in all aspects of ESI including: identification, preservation, harvesting, processing, culling, reviewing and producing the e-discovery. It also includes managing large-scale document reviews, the management of other staff members, coordinating with various departments and outside vendors, preparing responses to RFPs and hands-on working knowledge of specific litigation support tools, such as: Relativity, Catalyst, Clearwell, Encase, Summation, Concordance and predictive coding applications.
OutsourceACE provides the following paralegal services:
- Legal Transcription
- General correspondence - Letters to clients, other attorneys, judges, court clerks, agencies etc.
- Legal pleadings
- Legal briefs
- Court proceedings such as court hearings, arbitrations, briefs, pleadings, meetings, depositions, examinations, public hearings, other proceedings, etc.
- Trials (In trial transcription, a court trial is transcribed completely and accurately. It can have monologues as well as dialogues, like cross examinations and judge’s opinion)
- Deposition summaries
- Transcription of meetings, interviews, internal affairs and other investigations
- Others/Miscellaneous: Trade shows and conferences, symposiums and consortia, meetings and brainstorming sessions, seminars, surveys and market research, workers’ compensation transcription, strategic-planning sessions , web seminars, conferences and meetings.