OutsourceACE’s Data Cleansing/Scrubbing, Data Analysis and Data Enrichment services can help improve the quality of data. These services include the aggregation, organization, and cleansing of data. These data cleansing/scrubbing and enrichment services can ensure that your databases - part and material files, product catalog files, and item information etc. - are current, accurate and complete.
Often the existing data has no consistent format being derived from many sources. Or it contains duplicate records/items and may have missing or incomplete descriptions. OutsourceACE’ data cleansing process fixes misspellings, abbreviations, and errors. The data is normalized so that there is a common unit of measure for items in a class, e.g. feet, inches, meters, etc. are all converted to one unit of measure. The values are also standardized so that the name of each attribute is consistent, e.g. inch, in., and the symbol “are all shown as inch.
Data scrubbing also called data cleansing, is the process of amending or removing data in a database that is incorrect, incomplete, improperly formatted, or duplicated. An organization in a data-intensive field like banking, insurance, retailing, telecommunications, or transportation might use a data scrubbing tool to systematically examine data for flaws by using rules, algorithms, and look-up tables. Typically, a database scrubbing tool includes programs that are capable of correcting a number of specific types of mistakes, such as adding missing zip codes or finding duplicate records. Using a data scrubbing tool can save a database administrator a significant amount of time and can be less costly than fixing errors manually.
The issues involved in data cleansing, formatting, converting and preparing for upload are so time consuming and so exacting that it makes sense to outsource select components of the project to an established firm with extensive experience in data migration.
Our capabilities for Data Cleansing/Scrubbing and Enrichment services include:
- Data aggregation, organization, and cleansing
- Enrichment of data with product attributes, images, and manufacturer specifications
- De-duplication: eliminate duplicate records which might be similar looking records
- Identification of missing or incomplete data
We offer a cleansing service to clean and tidy-up your data. Depending upon your requirements this may involve:
- The identification and removal of duplicated records
- The identification and tagging of similar records with subsequent manual review
- The removal of spurious and invalid records
- Data validation (for example using a post code checker to identify that addresses are correct)
- The removal of obsolete data
- The comparison and removal of records matching third party information, such as the opt-in and opt-out list